So His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, declared 2016 as the Year of Reading for the UAE. That got me thinking, that as successful as the UAE is they are still constantly developing themselves because they know that the world is regularly changing at dizzying speed and if a person, nation, or organization doesn’t change they’ll be irrelevant and unprofitable.
I love books and i love reading, i deeply understand the transformative powers of books especially the right books, think about it, it was a book called THE INTELLIGENT INVESTOR by Benjamin Graham that changed Warren Buffets life and shifted his thinking and today he is the worlds greatest investor.
I want to encourage you to making reading, especially non fiction books a priority for your life. Here are some of the benefits.
- IMPROVED CAPACITY: The more books you read on a certain subject lets’s say sales the better you’ll become in closing sales and speaking of sales i’ll be doing my SUCCESSFUL SELLING SEMINAR in May 28, 2016.
- LESSONS: Books document how people failed in business and life so you don’t have to repeat those mistakes.
- INSPIRATION: Books can inspire you to greatness for example the Holy bible and Napoleon Hill’s THINK AND GROW RICH has inspired loads of people to do great things in this world.
- STRATEGIES: I get a ton of business and marital strategies from books and audio books, sometimes the solution to your problem might just be a book sitting on your shelf right now.
- MAKES YOU SMARTER: The more you read the smarter you’ll become.
So, go out there a buy some books, crack them open, read and change your life.
VENUE: OLD SPICE RESTAURANT, 9 MBONU STREET DLINE PORT HARCOURT
Everybody cannot be your customer. This is why as a small business owner or a professional service provider you need a list of prospective buyers of your products and services, what a list does is that it forces your brain to write out the names of companies and individuals that your product or service can help achieve a specific result.
WHY A LIST OF PROSPECTIVE BUYERS ARE A MUST
- It helps you narrow your effort on the people who have the financial ability to buy from you, so you don’t dissipate your energy on the wrong people.
- It helps reduce your workload when you work from a list, which by the way must be consistently updated.
- It helps you know who your target market is, what they want, and when they want it.
- It helps you realize that all that you need to sell your product is already around you.
HOW TO PREPARE A LIST
- Get a note book, ipad, phone or anything to help you take note.
- Write on the header NAMES OF PEOPLE AND COMPANIES THAT CAN BENEFIT FROM MY PRODUCT OR SERVICE.
- Start writing as your subconscious mind pours out the names into your conscious mind.
- Always update the list, because as you go about your day more names will start popping into your head.
- TAKE ACTION, start calling, emailing, texting, direct messaging, etc the names on your list.
I did a PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS TRAINING for the Bayelsa State Judiciary four years ago. In the opening address of the chief judge of the state Her Lordship Kate Abiri, she said ”I HAVE NEVER SEEN A YOUNG MAN AS PERSISTENT AS PAUL FOH. HE FOLLOWED ME UP CONSISTENTLY FOR 1 YEAR BEFORE I CREATED TIME FOR THIS TRAINING”
A lot of small business owners, professionals, and people in general miss loads of opportunities due to a lack of consistent focused follow up. Sometimes the company that gets the job, is usually not better than you, they were just more committed in following up than you. To inspire you to take follow up seriously here are a few how-to steps
HOW TO FOLLOW UP
- Schedule your appointment with your client in your calendar
- Document the day and time of your follow up call or email on your journal or Evernote a very effective app for productivity
- Put an alarm reminder on your phone 72 or 24 hours before your next follow up call or email to your client.
- FOLLOW UP is indicative to the client that you want the business or the opportunity badly enough, as Steve Maraboli said ”Your actions should be so dedicated that no one should ask you what you want.”
- FOLLOW UP inspires people to conspire to make your desires come true, i believe strongly that if you want something badly enough, people will make space for you.
- FOLLOW UP is a good feedback mechanism that helps you know what’s working and what’s not working.
Go and follow up on those clients and create wealth.
Thank you www.faultless-fininsh.com and www.myemoneynet.com for sponsoring this episode.