Manhood or how to be a responsible man in society is something that i wasn’t taught growing up, especially growing up without a father. I had to learn everything about how to be a responsible father and husband to my wife of nine years by reading books, listening to the teachings of the late Dr. Myles Munroe, and observing other great men.
As men we have certain concerns in our souls that we seldom share with people around us well since i am a card carrying member of manhood let me let the cat out of the bag.
- HE DOUBTS HIS ABILITY: Am i a good father to my kids? Do i provide enough for my family? Am i good on the job? Men sometimes question their abilities, brother if you are doing all that you can, with what you have don’t feel bad your family appreciates you.
- HE FEARS HE MIGHT HAVE NOTHING to show financially and other wise at the end of his life, especially if he was raised in a family or environment of non achievers. My counsel to you ,brother is focus your attention your skills and keep developing yourself so you can add more value which will translate into financial success. You should also shut the voice in your head that tells you you won’t make it successfully in life.
- HE ASKS HIMSELF IF HE MEASURES UP this comes up a lot especially if the man is comparing himself to his friends who are doing better than him financially and socially, and to toughen the blow sometimes as a man you’ll meet men who are younger than you doing amazing stuff. Don’t compare yourself with another man, stay in your lane and fulfill your God given destiny.
- HE WORRIES THAT HE HIS GETTING OLD and that he has not achieved the goals he set for himself and that makes him reduce his age, and makes him feel very bad when people say to him ‘You’re getting old.” My counsel to you is re-invent yourself.
- HE FEARS SICKNESSES THAT COMES WITH OLD AGE my counsel to you is start watching what you eat going forward and start doing exercise: yoga, aerobics, running, karate, long walks, etc