1.SOCIAL MEDIA: Justin Bieber was discovered on YouTube by Scooter Braun this goes to show the import of social media and the internet- the big idea here is, put your content out there on the social media space you never know who is- watching, looking, and reading about you out there.
- HARD WORK: Justin Bieber did 82 shows in less than 30 days. Some people work for 3 hours and they are crying. Talent can get you notice, but it is hard work that can take you to the top. Remember what the sages say, “The harder i work the luckier i become.” Demand insane levels of excellence from yourself.
- PERSISTENCE: When he moved to America from Canada, he went to every radio station to sing and just get the word out there. And whenever he is there is tweets about it, and the gradually from 10 people to thousands of people the radio stations started getting loads of people waiting outside to see Justin Bieber. Never take no for an answer
- COACHING: Justin Bierber has a voice coach. As successful as he is. A coach challenges you, and helps you move from where you are to where you ought to be. To book a coaching session with me please call +23469438614 or send me an email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- AUDACIOUS DREAMS: Justin Bieber told his manager that he will fill up Madison Square Garden, that is a dream location for all artist in the world it is a 18,200 sitting capacity hall, He thought it was a joke. Guess what, he sold-out the garden of 18,200 people in 22 minutes. Never let other people dream for you- they’ll dream too small.
WE LIVE IN A FAST WORLD. PEOPLE WANT TO BECOME RICH NOW! PEOPLE WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT NOW!
But i have discovered that enduring wealth, health, marriages, businesses, and lives are not built overnight.
Alexander Graham Bell put it elegantly when he said,
”Men who are successful in the end will be those whose success came as a result of steady accretion”
What is ACCRETION You may ask? Accretion according to the dictionary is
‘The gradual process in which layers of a material are formed as small amounts are added over time.’ Or put differently ‘Something that has grown or accumulated slowly’
So, how does this apply to smashing of your goals in the four months we have left in 2016.
USING THE ACCRETION APPROACH
1. Set a clear a specific goal that you’ll like to achieve. ‘I want to lose weight’ Is not specific. ‘I WANT TO WEIGHT 50 KG IN 30 DAYS’ Is specific. So you get the point.
2. Break the goal down into very small chunks. Working with our weight lose example, that can be: buy a new jogging trainers, set my alarm to wake me up by 5am, get a jogging buddy,
3. Take massive action on each chunked goal. This will provide you momentum.
4. Review your activities to see where you need to improve.
5. Have a strong and compelling reason why you want to achieve the goal.
Thank you for reading. Please share this with your friends and encourage them to join my email list where i share cutting edge and useable content by clicking this link http://bit.ly/pfsignupnow
I will be doing a FREE teleseminar on August 29, 2016 on HOW TO SET AND SMASH YOUR GOALS- THE NLP WAY by 8pm .
To listen for free on that day just log intowww.paulfoh.fountcast.com
Nigeria is a unique place. There is no market like our market. Over 170 million people, multiple ethnic group and a young population.
Many Nigerians live at the bottom of the economic PYRAMID. The base of a pyramid by shape is usually bigger and wider than the apex, there are more poor people in Nigeria than rich people.
However, there is fortune at the bottom of the pyramid. The poor also have money to spend but the way and manner they spend is different from the middle class and affluent.
COWBELL milk gets it. They studied the Nigerian consumer and noticed that the poor cannot consistently afford to buy a tin of milk for N300 or N250, so they packaged milk in powder form in sachet and began selling it for N50 per sachet and their sales exploded. When peak milk the market leader at the time saw the revenue of cowbell milk, they did not only put powder milk in sachet, they took it a notch higher and put liquid milk in sachet which sells for N50 per sachet.
This ensures that the poor and subsistent family in Nigeria can afford to put milk in their tea and also in the diet of their kids.
So, the other day i was in a grocery store in an affluent neighborhood buying stuff for my family as i was about to pay for my goods at the till i noticed that DUREX the condom makers have started packaging condoms for N150 per sachet and selling to the Nigerian consumer.
This is the reason why DSTV has DSTV GO for the less affluent. This also the reason why UBER for the first time started collecting cash from Nigerian consumers. Our market is unique to succeed in Nigeria as a business person you must know the environment.
The business lesson in all of these is, KNOW YOUR MARKET AND KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER. If you don’t someone else will do it and smile to the bank.
Pilots spend a ton of time in flight simulators in their days of training. The purpose is to program their minds to get the job done when the rubber hits the runway. The beautiful thing about the brain is that it cannot differentiate between an imaginary event or a real event.
Brain images from Neuro science have proven that, by mentally rehearsing or visualizing an activity or event, you cause the areas of your brain responsible for stimulating a task to light up.
HOWEVER THE PARTS OF YOUR BRAIN RESPONSIBLE FOR ACTUALLY PERFORMING A TASK ALSO LIGHTS UP.
This means that IF YOU CAN THINK IT, YOU CAN DO IT.
Put differently AS A MAN THINKS IN HIS HEART SO HE IS.
CREATE A GREAT WEEKEND
I wonder what will happen to your career if you really know your boss (your internal customer)
I wonder what will happen if you know your external customers well.
It turns out that, top retailers like TARGET and WALLMART have statisticians and analytics people on their pay roll with the sole purpose of studying the buying patterns of shoppers.
They found out that when people enter their stores they usually turn right almost always. That is why they put some of their most expensive and fasting selling items on the right hand side of their stores.
TARGET supermarket has created a computer model that can figure out which female shoppers were pregnant based on their shopping habits.
The noticed that pregnant women buy very large amounts of lotions in about their second trimester.
They also noticed in about their twentieth week pregnant women buy loads of vitamins.
When they see those patterns in any woman, they’ll start sending them coupons and discounts on baby clothes, baby cribs, baby food, etc. And that exploded their sales.
The lesson : KNOW YOUR BOSS, KNOW YOUR EXTERNAL CUSTOMER and you will sell more.
Everybody wants to be productive. With the fast pace at which things and customers change in todays world, the ability to deliver results and answers faster than your competition is now a competitive advantage.
As a business speaker, author, blogger, and transportation entrepreneur i have found certain apps that help me deliver value to my customers quickly, apps that help me save loads of my passwords so i don’t need to remember them, apps that even track my health.
Let me share a few of them with you today.
- www.dropbox.com I first heard about dropbox.com when i was at a VUSI THEMBEKWAYO conference in South Africa, and i can tell you dropbox is a life saver. with dropbox i get to save my videos, training materials, presentation slides, etc. You can also password some documents on dropbox.
- www.evernote.com Evernote is like your mobile note book (Though i still like the physical ones) You can scan complimentary cards on ever note, store notes from meetings on evernote. It helps you focus on the main things.
- www.bitly.com I find Bitly very useful as a blogger and thought leader because it helps me shorten my links to pages on my site.
- www.headspace.com I meditate in the mornings. Meditation reduces high blood pressure, makes you calmer and more centered. Headspace is a fantastic meditation app.
- www.scribd.com This is a fantastic app for books. I read a lot so this app helps in making that happen.
- www.youversionbible.com This helps you read the bible and study the word of God in different versions on the go.
- Uber.com When you’re not driving to that meeting, get a Uber. This app will cause you to get to your meetings on time.
Have a fantastic day.