Every market and topic is saturated these days. There is a flood of information on every topic under the sun, and quite frankly it can be overwhelming. Walk into a supermarket and you’ll see a ton of product on every product category. Google a subject matter for coaches, speakers, or authors and you will find a ocean full.
That’s the bad news. The good news is, there are still plenty of opportunities to shine in the world. I believe that one of the ways to do that is to, NARROWCAST and focus on a NICHE market.
A niche by definition is shallow or small part of a whole. In business for example, blogging is a market, but blogging about THE BENEFITS OF EXERCISE FOR MEN is a niche.
Motivational or business speaking is a market, and i must add a multi billion dollar market, however speaking only about SMALL BUSINESSES IN LAGOS is a niche.
Life coaching is a market, coaching teenagers is a niche.
Narrowcasting your effort on a niche will quickly establish you as an expert and the go-to person in that area.
BENEFITS OF FOCUSING ON A NICHE
- Higher speaking fees: Specialist doctors make more money than general practitioners.
- Strong Personal Brand: People and the market associate you as the solution to any problem related to the niche where you hold sway.
HOW TO ESTABLISH A NICHE
- What are you qualified as: Are you a qualified coach, qualified divorce lawyer, etc.
- What subject matter are you extremely passionate about?
- What cracks in the industry have you seen?
I believe in the power of niche marketing. A niche doesn’t limit you, rather niches are expandable and attractive to opportunities.
To help you build your niche as a business person, speaker, coach, or author i present
SUCCESSFUL SELLING MASTERPLAN FOR COACHES, AUTHORS, AND SPEAKERS see the image on this article for details.
Coaching is powerful. Coaches are influential.
Coaching is the process of helping people gain clarity in their lives and business while transporting them from where they are to where they want to be.
The best coaches in the world from Rich Litvin to Tony Robbins have the following in common
- ABILITY TO ASK POWERFUL QUESTIONS: Tony Robbins the pioneer of the coaching industry said that ” THE QUALITY OF QUESTIONS THAT YOU ASK YOURSELF WILL DETERMINE THE QUALITY OF LIFE THAT YOU LIVE.” To coach effectively you must master the art of asking questions that help clients, question what they thought was impossible. The question is how do you ask great questions? A. Watch great interview shows like Charlie Rose or listen to great podcast. B. Search google on how to ask great questions. C. Watch youtube.com videos of top coaches coaching people live. Or get the book A MORE BEAUTIFUL QUESTION by WARREN BERGER
- COACH REGULARLY AND CONSISTENTLY: Coaching like any skill gets better with practice. So go out there and look for people to coach first for free so you can make all the mistakes under the sun. Set a goal to coach a specific amount of people monthly.
- GO FOR TRAINING: Upgrade your coaching skills by registering in coaching schools like OLCA (Olusola Lanre Coaching Academy) School yourself and sharpen your skills.
- EVERY COACH NEEDS A COACH: As a coach you must have a coach for yourself. Having a coach opens your eyes to your own limiting beliefs and the power of the coaching process. So go out there and hire a coach, if you want hire me as your coach you can email me email@example.com
- LISTENING SKILL: Great coaches are amazing at listening to what the client is saying and what the client is not saying. Develop your listening skills, start by listening to your kids, your wife, your husband, your friends. JUST LISTEN
I have been in the speaking business for 10 years. It is a multi billion dollar industry, from the time Hillary Clinton resigned as secretary of state in the Obama government to when she declared her presidential ambition she made $22 million in speaking fees at $200,000 a speech according to USNEWS.
Speaking in from to people establishes you as an expert or coach in a field, as a UK and DUBAI certified coach i have discovered that i get person to person, group coaching and Skype coaching clients after i finish giving a training or keynote address at a conference through a methodology that i teach my clients.
Dear life coach or whatever coach you are, seek and crave speaking gigs both free and paid and sell your coaching practice from the stage.
Write now, every time i speak at a conference i get a coaching client after my talk.
By the grace of God i now coach dignitaries and CEOS of multi billion Naira companies in Nigeria.
I just sold 500 copies of my book 10 SECRETS OF SUCCESSFUL YOUNG PEOPLE to an organization.
I believe i can help you scale your speaking and coaching business successfully. I CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL COACHING AND SPEAKING FOR A LIVING. To work with me send email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 09081691564.
You can also join my email list. I send tips, fresh ideas, and discounts to people on my email list weekly over 300 people can’t be wrong. To join simply click on the newsletter subscribe button.
”I didn’t know that i had a lot of limiting beliefs about myself and the speaking business until Paul Foh coached me out of them” Chisom Sam Orji
Imagine a football game, with all the running around, shouting, kicking, and falling without a goal post? What kind of game will that be- BORING.
That is a perfect metaphor for a life without clear, specific, and written down goals. I am addicted the process of goal setting and students of my THE GOAL ACHIEVEMENT MASTERPLAN can testify of its effect.
The number one reason why people don’t set and write down their goals is because they compare their current: financial, emotional, and business resource to the massiveness of their goals and go like ”IT WILL NOT HAPPEN” Right! have you being there.
In the process of setting your goals, your job is not to know ‘HOW’ your goals will become a physical reality at the start, your job and duty is the ‘KNOW THE WHAT’ Of your goal, in other words spend time defining specifically in tangible terms what you or your company want.
For example ‘I WANT TO MAKE A LOT OF MONEY’ Is not specific, it’s not transferable. Rather ‘N2,000,000 BY DECEMBER 30, 2016.’ Is specific and useable.
The moment you write the goal down, commit to reading it to yourself twice everyday (It can be more if you want to) To drill it into your mind and increase your awareness of people and opportunities that can help you achieve them.
For example, one of my goals for this month of October was to sell 500 copies of my book ’10 SECRETS OF SUCCESSFUL YOUNG PEOPLE’ When i wrote that goal i didn’t know ‘HOW’ I was going to do it, all i knew was ‘WHAT’ i specifically wanted.
Well, to cut a long story short an organization bought 500 copies of my book 10 SECRETS OF SUCCESSFUL YOUNG PEOPLE on October 10, 2016. I achieved the goal in 10 days from the day i set it.
You have a power inside you that can attract your hopes and desires. Make your goals big, clear, and specific and the way to achieve it will come to you.
If you would like me to coach you on achieve any goal of yours i will strongly recommend you enroll in my GOAL ACHIEVEMENT MASTERPLAN coaching program.
Please share this article or tag a friend
Hello guys, how is your week going? Mine is going really well. I discovered recently that all the stylish, rich, and sophisticated men that i admire and am friends with have certain things in common in their closet of clothes.
As a male style enthusiast and life coach, i discover that obeying these rules opens doors and breaking them makes certain situations difficult. Here are four of the commandments.
- THOU SHALL HAVE A SHOE TREE
Quality men shoes are not cheap. I have discovered that most men spend a lot of energy buying shoes and zero energy maintaining their shoes. Shoe tree helps to preserve the shape of your shoes and it also helps your shoes dry properly from the sweat your feet produced when you wore it.
2.THOU SHALL HAVE POCKET SQUARE
To me a pocket square changes the look of your jacket it tells the world that you are stylish man and that details matter to you, and by extension if you can put details into your clothing then you can put thesame level of details into the clients or potential employers work that’s the indirect message you’re sending.
3.THOU SHALL HAVE COLLAR STAYS OR STIFFENERS
Have you ever seen a guy wear a nice shirt with a tie but the collar looks weak? I have and it really looks bad. Well, the solution to that is collar ‘stays’ or collar ‘stiffeners’ these are flat strong pieces of metal or plastic, as indicated in the picture above, inserted in specific pockets on the underside of dress shirts. It makes the collar stay and if you’re wearing a tie it beautifies the tie. Some dress shirts come with collar ‘stays’ others don’t but you can buy or collect from some of your old shirts.
4.THOU SHALL HAVE A COOL MAN BAG
Guys have you ever misplaced or forgotten your phone or an important document because you held it in the same hand where you held your phone and something else? Or have you seen guys with bulging front and back pockets because their phone and house keys are all trying to pop out! Well, i used to be that guy until i discovered the effectiveness of man bags. A cool briefcase, helps you keep important documents and gadgets and if the bag is fine it will increase peoples respect for you.
Instagram is a free photo sharing app that was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger it was launched in 2010.
In 2012 the powerful Mark Zukerberg, founder of Facebook, bought instagram for $1 Billion. Today instagram has over 500 million users and growing.
There are some accounts on instagram that can expand your thinking and inspire you to take action on your dreams. Here are my favorites.
- JACK DELSOLA:
Jack is the founder of the ENTOURAGE Australia’s largest educator for entrepreneurs his instagram handle is @jackdelosa. His ideas about starting and scaling a business are unconventional and thought provoking.
2. GARY VAYNERCHUK
Gary is a social media business powerhouse and an investor in reputable companies like UBER. He owns VAYNER MEDIA with turnover in the excess of $100,000,000. Following him will open your eyes to the power of the internet and its ability to help you send your message and attract customers into your business or supporters into your movement. His instagram handle is @garyvee
@prsuit was founded by Case Kenny. This instagram handle is very motivational and inspirational. Their quotes will inspire you to achieve greatness in business, kick start your day and flood your life with inspiration. Follow them on instagram @prsuit
4. ANDY FRISELLA
Andy’s direct and in your face advice for entrepreneurs is very exciting. He is CEO of 1st Phorm a multi million dollar supplement company. His instagram handle is @andyfrisella
5. ARVIN LAL
I first heard about Arvin from a friend on Facebook. This guy built and marketed his supplement company ‘SHREDZ’ using instagram. His quotes, images, and advice are pure motivation and inspiration. Follow him on instagram @arvinsworld and you will thank me later.
I hope this inspires. Go and make SHIT HAPPEN NOW!
I have a confession to make! I AM ADDICTED TO BOOKS.
I try to read a lot because i believe that books can inspire greatness in a person and widen a persons perception of what is possible. Well, last month i read a super cool book called ‘IT’S NOT WHAT YOU SAY, BUT HOW YOU SAY IT’ By Michael Parker he is the UK number one pitch coach his website is www.pitchcoach.co.uk
Here are some of the things i learnt from the book
- The impact of your words on an audience comes mainly from the tone of your voice and your body language.
- When CICERO, Roman politician and orator, finished speaking the people said ”How well he spoke” But when DEMOSTHENES finished speaking the people said ”Lets’s march” The most important part of your speech is the close this is where you call people to action. Whenever you give a speech learn to close with passion and a call to action.
- Energy: The audience will feed off your energy and return it back to you. Without energy your speech will be boring.
- Fail to rehearse your speech, prepare to fail.
- Aristotle’s three proofs of persuasion:
A. ETHOS: This is about the character of the speaker or presenter, write your own introduction about what you’ve accomplished because your introduction primes and prepares people to pay attention to you.
B. LOGOS: This is based on reason or rational argument
c. PATHOS: This has to do with emotions, appearance, and body language. People are emotional beings. In your speech, never forget the emotional dimension because people do things emotionally, then justify them logically. Move them emotionally and they’ll act on the content of your speech.