In my April 26, 20017 seminar on influence and persuasion one of the principles of persuasion and influence that i will be dealing with in depth is AUTHORITY. And this law of influence states that, ”PEOPLE USUALLY DEFER TO THE OPINIONS OF AUTHORITY AND EXPERTS”
There are certain things or trappings that you see around a person to make them experts in your ‘OWN EYES’ without them saying a word because really it’s all in the mind.
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT
A. If you are established as an expert you’ll get compliance easily
B. Authorities get paid higher, this is why specialist doctors make more money than general practitioners
C. Being seen as an expert or authority will make it easier for you to persuade people to get what you want.
HERE ARE THE 5 STEPS
- DRESS LIKE AN EXPERT OR AUTHORITY: In our modern world your clothes is your armory. It tells the world who you are, what you do for a living, your tribe, and what you stand for. If you walk into a hospital and you see a person wearing a white doctors coat and a stethoscope on his neck you’ll instantly believe he or she is a doctor due to what he or she is wearing and at that point anything they tell you, you’ll comply. Now, you might not be a doctor, but dress as a person who has authority in your field it helps people to believe in you. REMEMBER ”Business is a psychological warfare” Paul Foh
- USE TITLES: People attribute titles to authority. Dr. Author, Blogger, etc. Create your own title for yourself and overtime people will start associating you as an authority. For example i call myself ”NIGERIA’S # 1 SALES AND WOW SERVICE COACH” Guess what that title has stuck and it has been bringing me jobs.
- TRAPPINGS: Do you have a certificate from a training? are you certified in a skill? have you received an award for doing something? Those are trappings of authority in your profession that you should display and talk about. By doing that you send a message to the subconscious mind of your: customers, audience, or prey That other people have recognized your authority and by the law of social proof they too will believe in you.
- KNOWLEDGE: Experts or authority are very knowledgeable in their field. So, do the deep work required to establish you as an expert. Read excessively and develop yourself so that when you open your mouth wisdom that can solve problems will flow.
- GET RESULTS IN YOUR AREA OF AUTHORITY: People like proof producers. So, go out there and get results in your area of operation and then shout about your results.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
1. The 7 laws of influence
2. The power of social proof
3. Why people like doing business with people that are ‘LIKE’ them
4. How to build and sustain rapport
5. How to pitch your ideas, products, and services effectively
6. The PRIMING EFFECT
7. Managing your state and energy and how they infect and affect other people
8. The science behind celebrity endorsements and how you can apply it to your work and business
9. How to write and influence people
10. How to influence yourself to perform at your peak
11. The neuro science of influence
DATE: April 26, 2017
VENUE: SIMPLY AFRICAN PLACE, OFF FOLA ISIBO LEKKI PHASE 1
FEE: 25,000 Per Person