So His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, declared 2016 as the Year of Reading for the UAE. That got me thinking, that as successful as the UAE is they are still constantly developing themselves because they know that the world is regularly changing at dizzying speed and if a person, nation, or organization doesn’t change they’ll be irrelevant and unprofitable.
I love books and i love reading, i deeply understand the transformative powers of books especially the right books, think about it, it was a book called THE INTELLIGENT INVESTOR by Benjamin Graham that changed Warren Buffets life and shifted his thinking and today he is the worlds greatest investor.
I want to encourage you to making reading, especially non fiction books a priority for your life. Here are some of the benefits.
- IMPROVED CAPACITY: The more books you read on a certain subject lets’s say sales the better you’ll become in closing sales and speaking of sales i’ll be doing my SUCCESSFUL SELLING SEMINAR in May 28, 2016.
- LESSONS: Books document how people failed in business and life so you don’t have to repeat those mistakes.
- INSPIRATION: Books can inspire you to greatness for example the Holy bible and Napoleon Hill’s THINK AND GROW RICH has inspired loads of people to do great things in this world.
- STRATEGIES: I get a ton of business and marital strategies from books and audio books, sometimes the solution to your problem might just be a book sitting on your shelf right now.
- MAKES YOU SMARTER: The more you read the smarter you’ll become.
So, go out there a buy some books, crack them open, read and change your life.