Anthony Robbins said, ”THE QUALITY OF QUESTIONS YOU ASK YOURSELF WILL DETERMINE THE QUALITY OF LIFE YOU LIVE!” That is a powerful statement. This is because questions shift your mind focus from one point to another depending on the type of question.
There are empowering and disempowering questions. Empowering questions, equip people with the mental resources required to take action to solve their problems. Disempowering questions leave people stuck and victimized.
No matter how bad the situation is if you ask yourself a great question you will find a way out of your rut. Questions like ‘Why do bad things always happen to me?” Won’t help you eliminate bad things from your life. Here are some very good self coaching questions that you can ask yourself for better clarity and solutions
- WHAT SPECIFIC OUTCOME DO I WANT? Your outcome is the end result or goal, the clearer you are about it the more emotional and psychological juice you will release to make it happen. For example ”I want to make a lot of money” Is not a clear and specific outcome, ”I want to make 70 million Naira by December 31, 2017” Is a clear and specific outcome.
- WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT TO ME? We all do things because of a reason. The stronger the reason the more we’ll apply our selves to the task or vision. Always ask yourself the ”WHY” question because if you can tattoo the ‘WHY’ in your soul you will find the ”HOW”
- ON A SCALE OF 1-10, 10 BEING THE HIGHEST AND 1 BEING THE LOWEST HOW COMMITTED AM I TO THIS? If your commitment is less than 70% to the things that are important to you, then you’ll have to ask yourself what you’ll need to do to increase your commitment.
- WHAT AM I GRATEFUL FOR TODAY? Wow! this is one of my favorite questions. If shifts your mind to focus on the little and big things that made your day sweet. It could be a friend whose space you visited that inspired you to do things better, it could me the smile of gratitude from your child. This coaching question helps you focus on the things that are working in your life, and whatever the mind focuses on it gets more of.
- WHAT CAN I LEARN FROM THIS? This question drives you straight to the house of wisdom. If you just exited a bad relationship for example, asking yourself ”WHAT CAN I LEARN FROM THIS” Will help you take stock of the lessons learnt so that you can make the necessary adjustments for future relationships.