A lot of times it’s not the challenges outside our lives that prevents us from stepping into our greatness, it is usually the STORIES of inadequacies we tell ourselves in our heads.
What you constantly tell yourself is as powerful as a pilots capacity to determine the destination of a plane. The internal dialogue you have with yourself in your head is what persuades or dissuades you from taking action or tucking yourself away from the awesome game of life.
The average human being talks to another human being at the rate of 120 to 150 words per minute, but internally we talk to ourselves at the rate of 300 words per minute wow! So, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN TELLING YOU! Here are the 5 ways among so many that i think people use to self sabotage themselves.
- FEAR OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY: If you live your life waiting for the approval of certain people you will be bored. The thrill of life is in the falling, learning, and picking yourself up again.
- PROCRASTINATION: The ”I will do it next week” ”I will start will i get married” group of people. Follow the NIKE slogan ”JUST DO IT” The moment that idea drops in your spirit it has also dropped in the heart of another person because ideas are disembodied entities looking for human bodies to incarnate them. Execute on those ideas that God whispered into your soul.
- LAZINESS: Thomas Edison said, ”We often miss opportunities because it’s dressed in overalls and looks like work” A lot people have the talent and skill to step into their power but the weight of laziness will not let them be. Refuse to be lazy, get the work done.
- STUPID PEOPLE: If you populate your limited time with time vampires you’re in trouble. Eliminate the wrong people from your life. You don’t have all day to achieve your mission on this side of the presence of God. ”Walk with the wise and you’ll become wise but the companion of fools will be destroyed” King Solomon said. Stop giving the wrong people access key into your life.
- SELF KINDNESS: Be brutal to yourself and take no bullshit from your soul. Demand more from the YOU in YOU. Be your own unkind employer, work while you’re young and your old age self will thank you.