Every market and topic is saturated these days. There is a flood of information on every topic under the sun, and quite frankly it can be overwhelming. Walk into a supermarket and you’ll see a ton of product on every product category. Google a subject matter for coaches, speakers, or authors and you will find a ocean full.
That’s the bad news. The good news is, there are still plenty of opportunities to shine in the world. I believe that one of the ways to do that is to, NARROWCAST and focus on a NICHE market.
A niche by definition is shallow or small part of a whole. In business for example, blogging is a market, but blogging about THE BENEFITS OF EXERCISE FOR MEN is a niche.
Motivational or business speaking is a market, and i must add a multi billion dollar market, however speaking only about SMALL BUSINESSES IN LAGOS is a niche.
Life coaching is a market, coaching teenagers is a niche.
Narrowcasting your effort on a niche will quickly establish you as an expert and the go-to person in that area.
BENEFITS OF FOCUSING ON A NICHE
- Higher speaking fees: Specialist doctors make more money than general practitioners.
- Strong Personal Brand: People and the market associate you as the solution to any problem related to the niche where you hold sway.
HOW TO ESTABLISH A NICHE
- What are you qualified as: Are you a qualified coach, qualified divorce lawyer, etc.
- What subject matter are you extremely passionate about?
- What cracks in the industry have you seen?
I believe in the power of niche marketing. A niche doesn’t limit you, rather niches are expandable and attractive to opportunities.
To help you build your niche as a business person, speaker, coach, or author i present
SUCCESSFUL SELLING MASTERPLAN FOR COACHES, AUTHORS, AND SPEAKERS see the image on this article for details.